So I'm guessing you already know I broke my ankle. Annnd the joke of the day is that I literally have weak ankles. (Hercules, anyone?)
Anyway, here is the story...I was doing a backflip and I landed wrong. KIDDING. I'm not cool like that. So I was at Jump on It (A trampoline park) and I was hopping across a few trampolines to get from point a to point b....and because apparently I lack a sense of how to walk properly, I stepped wrong on my left foot, heard a snap and fell back on the ground. Turns out, it wasn't just a really bad sprain....I fractured my ankle.
Surprisingly, I wasn't that upset. This is the fourth time I've broken a bone...so nothing really comes as a surprise anymore.
Something that did take me by surprise was how quickly everyone around me reacted. I have been completely overwhelmed by the service my friends and acquaintances have shown me, and I have never felt more grateful and blessed in my life.
It's not so bad having a broken ankle. It is an eye opening experience of true friendship and meaningful relationships. So if you have even sat with me the past few days while I have been house-ridden (well I guess apartment-ridden) THANK YOU! It means the world to me that people are willing to spend time with me, and watch dumb movies, and just talk with me.
Here's to six weeks in a stupid boot. Wouldn't change it for the world.
No comments:
Post a Comment