5.01.2014

Nostalgia Shop

It's been TWO YEARS since high school.
It's already been a WHOLE YEAR since I left for Disney.
My best friend Chase has been gone for OVER a year. 
I've already finished TWO YEARS of college.

Why would I bring this all up? Because it's fun to live in the past, no? We all want to relive the good moments and not have to worry about the bad that might come in our futures. The future is completely unpredictable, but the past? We know exactly what happened and we can pick and choose what to remember and cherish. But there's also an issue with the past, you can't change what it is. You don't get that option. 

The wise Franklin Delano Roosevelt once said to a panicked nation, "There is nothing to fear, but fear itself."

Just yesterday, my dad and I were talking about how new borns can swim naturally because they're used to being surrounded by fluids. We watched a couple videos and I was amazed. Why is a new born a billion times better at swimming than I am?? The simple answer: FEAR.

We growing up hearing scary things like sharks eating people or drowning people. Fear ruins everything. It's basically the entire plot of Disney's Frozen. 

The future is scary, I understand that. But you never know until you try. Tying back to Frozen, if Elsa's stupid parents decided to not lock her up and try to help her control her powers then maybe she wouldn't have gone all ice crazy and the whole Hans deal wouldn't be an issue! Recently since my change of majors I've changed my plans for grad school. Originally I was planning for an MBA because I probably wouldn't have been offered a job with Media Arts. And now it's been changed to.....**drum roll** LAW SCHOOL! I know. I sound freaking crazy. But hey, if Elle Woods can pull it of, so can I. Right? RIGHT. (: But the idea of it all scares the crap out of me. I have to work four times as hard as I have been in school and I have to kick some serious trash. But I'm not going to let the hardness of it all take me down. I guess what I'm trying to say is don't let anything ever bring your spirits down! If you want to do something, set your mind to it and go for it and don't listen to the haters. HATERS GONNA HATE. (procrastinators gonna procrastinate) So go for the money, go for the gold. JUST DO IT! The only person stopping you from doing anything, is yourself. Fight the power! [I also realize that this is starting to sound like some weird protest/PSA] As Elsa says, "LET IT GO!!!"Be the person you want to be and don't let anyone get in your way.

So it's your choice, go ahead and run your own little personal nostalgia shop if you desire, but I'm going to leave mine and go on an adventure, an adventure that holds an infinite amount of possibilities!

also, as a side note...I got my wisdom teeth pulled out this morning and it's a miracle that I could even type this up... (: YOLO.

No comments:

Post a Comment