7.14.2014

Appreciating the Good Days

Last week was HARD. There was the whole "brother" incident at the temple. And to top it all off, I was friendzoned for the billionth time.

Life is definitely not the easiest thing right now. But I will tell you something, I am not going through it alone. It's totally and completely imperfect moments like these that tell you who care about you the most and reminds you to remember who you are and want to be.

These past few weeks I've basically only spent it with my ward, which I thought was kind of weird at first then just eventually accepted it. Man, oh man, am I grateful that I have. These amazing people came to my rescue as soon as I was having a bad day. It's such a wonderful reminder that God has you meet certain people at certain times because that's when you need them the most. Whether it be a test of patience, or that you need them in your life to encourage you or they might even need you in their lives. It sounds strange but my favorite thing is getting called out in public by some random stranger because I'm not smiling or laughing. It reminds me that life is short and not worth spending time being upset.

It's an interesting thing to think that once I did not turn to my Father in Heaven for advice. I would just brush it off like He was the least important one on my list of priorities. NEVER do that. Never make the mistake I did. God is wonderful. He knows you, He listens to you and most importantly, He understands what you're going through.

I have never found facebook to be a very profound place but the past couple days since it's gotten really really tough everyone seems to be posting really amazing things. The new Colbie Caillat song, "Try" had me in tears. It was so perfect because it was everything I was frustrated with last week. HOW PERFECT WAS THE TIMING? I have never believed in coincidences and this was a prayer answered.

It's important to remember that bad days happen so that you can appreciate the good ones and grow. We each have our own trials and as dumb as it sounds mine has been dating. Trust me, it's not the easiest thing trying to explain to a room full of white males that generally the main reason as to why you aren't datable in Utah County is because you are asian. and loud. and progressive. I choose to be different because that's just who I am and have always been. So yes, just because I have indeed been friendzoned for the billionth time does that mean I'm going to completely give up? NO. Just because I was called a brother over ten times at the temple does that mean I'm going to stop going? NO. In fact, I think I'll go tomorrow. (:

So whoever you are that's reading this, if you're having a hard day or even a hard week please remember that YOU ARE NOT ALONE. I'm here to laugh with you...but also here to cry with you. (:

Sorry for the language...but has a good point. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment