So I spent the past couple months re-watching The Office because all of my TV shows were on their winter hiatus.
The biggest thing I learned on the show? Dwight got pretty girls, because he treated them like princesses.
I know what you're thinking, "Dwight is an awful human being and he also lives like it's still 1876."
Okay, fair. Dwight is quite the traditional man, and yeah there's that one episode where Pam, Phyllis, and Kelly basically attack him for treating women poorly and...of course that customer ends up being Jan...(total tangent, sorry)
BUT every time Dwight is dating - or attempting to date someone he finds any means to make sure she feels special in his life.
I can't believe I'm saying this.... the world needs more people like Dwight. At least the "Dating Dwight" as I like to call him. Maybe not the weirdness of Dwight with the farm, and the beets, and weird family traditions. Now keep this in mind, I'm not in any way attracted to Dwight. But I respect the character for who he was.
The way I see it is, when one dates someone, you should do everything possible to make sure that person feels like the greatest person in the world. But that's what also sucks about trying to date people because sometimes one person tries a lot harder than the other. So....we all just need to try a little harder to find that person that matches our efforts.
In fact, we really just ought to treat everyone right. Golden rule, no? And the way I see it is, for every strange, unusual human being, there's someone made for them. (: So don't give up on dating all together just because you can't find your "dating dwight", but also don't rush life! Everything happens for a reason, so enjoy the good single moments while you can because life is shorter than you think!

No comments:
Post a Comment