4.02.2014

Good Ol' Missions


Acapella tour 2012 in Disneyland
Some basketball game with this weird kid
Recently I have gotten a really strange feeling that something major will happen in my life in about a year and a half and I need to prepare for the change of it all. At first, I thought maybe my Heavenly Father was finally telling me it's time I go on a mission. And after a lot of prayer and scripture reading...nope it wasn't it. Well, actually my real answer was if I decide to go on one, it should be for the right reason, and not out of sheer boredom but if I choose not to, it'll be okay too. So obviously my second thought was, "well shoot, I might get married or something weird, or someone in my family might die." Once again, my thoughts were proved to be wrong and as of current....I have a really strong feeling my best friend, Chase (or currently Elder Weight) will be dating/engaged to some person that I seriously don't like. Now if you don't know who Chase is, this kid is basically my brother. He's my other half, he knows everything about me. He knows exactly how to piss me off to the point where I won't talk to him but also how to get me to calm the heck down. In other words, I don't want him to ever leave me, because him being on a mission is already really really hard to deal with. But I also want what is best for him, so I am completely torn by this feeling of said future. I think often times we get strange feelings like this because well, better to be prepared now than later. Who knows, my assumptions might be wrong!


New Years 2013

Upon discovering Miriam was headed to Costa Rica
So back to the main point of this post, over the past year give or take a few months, I've spent a lot of time each day thinking of each of my friends on missions (not just Chase if you think it's like that cause...no haha). Yes, I do in fact cry, a lot. (Might have cried during this post) Well, a lot more than you'd think I would. It's not that I haven't made new friends from Disney, or school, or my ward but if you've never really had a large amount of people leave you basically all at the same time, it's like if your fridge was suddenly empty and you had no food and there was no way you could buy more for two whole years. It's really hard. I've become a lot more emotional because of it all and I actually cry a lot more than I probably should. It's hard to think that the people that knew you best, that were there to comfort you when you were sad, to laugh with you when you were crazy happy are suddenly gone. I thank God every day for the opportunity to email them, and write them letters. I also thank Him for giving me such wonderful people in my life. I often wonder why I was given such amazing people that I so clearly don't deserve. Something I've truly learned the past year is that His plan for each and everyone of us includes meeting certain people. I would probably be a total wreck if I didn't have the friends I do, I mean let's be completely honest. If I wasn't LDS, I'd probably be an alcoholic or make a lot of immoral decisions. There's something really great in knowing that someone loves you no matter what you do, or how you act. But it's also a reminder to try to better, because sometimes you just don't want to forgive yourself even though others already have. I am so grateful for each and every one of my friends, including the non current missionary ones, every single day because I don't know where I'd be if I didn't have them. I've learned to appreciate friendship even more the past year or so because you know it's true friendship because once they get home it'll be like they never left. And I am SO excited for that day to come!!
A small amount of the wonderful people I know on missions!
I can't even begin to explain how much I love these people. Maybe too much. (: Friendship is so real, it's crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment